HFC: The Hybrid Future of COAX !
Hotel, hospitals and collectivity house represent a significant portion of the population worldwide, especially in high-density areas. These environments demand different applications and technologies than those used in single-family homes.
No one wants new wires. They are ugly and intrusive. Drilling through cement walls is messy and difficult, laying new cables is expensive and time-consuming,
Using existing coax wiring makes much more sense for everyone. People save time, money, and customer hassles. Customers get better aesthetics, short installation times, and highly reliable service. It is definitely a win-win situation.
Stream-H Micronode offers high bandwidth to run ultra high speed internet, IPTV (Pay-TV),VoIP and VOD services using the existing coax infrastructure. Stream-H converts your environment into a multi Gigabit multimedia super- highway without touching the rooms.
Stream-H Micronode can be hosted outdoor in a street cabinet or wall –mounted and intercept the legacy HFC network or Stream-H Micronode can be located in the hotel basement indoor.
The Stream-H is the corner stone and is responsible of 4 Coax cable or segments . Each Stream-H board will distribute the 10 Gbps Speed from the fiber over 4 or N x 4 Coax Cable segments. Multiple Boards can be daisy-chained by a 10 Gbps trunk. The Stream-H will manage up to maximum 31 rooms per single coax segment.
Fiber can be a dedicated or a shared ( PON-) Fiber. It will pass RF signals like analog TV or digital TV from local RF CATV network or Fiber RF Overlay Network ( 1550 nm) from 50 MHz to 1 GHz. It will add OFDM Data from 1.1 to 1.6 GHz from the fiber.
The Coax Network Unit is a cable modem with RF passthrough function and new Ethernet NBASET IEEE.802.3bz Interface running 2.5 Gbps , 1 Gbps or 100 Mbps.
Stream-H is the most flexible and cost effective solution. Stream-H can scale from 4 rooms to 124 rooms per board. Stream-H is pretty linear and predictable.
Stream-H boosts your existing coax network and builds the Information Technology Super Highway by proposing smooth migration to multimedia interactive services like IPTV and VoD , VoIP,Internet Video , Games services by re-using the existing coax network
STATE OF THE ART
- Outdoor/Indoor casing
- 1 or 10 Gbps Fiber per Hotel P2P
- 1/2.5/10G PON fiber over multiple Hotel’s
- RF Overlay/Pass-Through Legacy TV Support
- PON Passive Fiber Pass-through
- MOCA OFDMIZER of Fiber Data on Coax Cable
EASY & FLEXIBLE
- Highly Scalable
- Easy to invest (cap & pay as you grow)
- Easy to install
- Easy to operate
- Easy to maintain
- Using RF-Overlay, PON & MOCA standards
- Work with Any-PON OLT
- Seamless OSS Integration (no effort)
- End to End PON/Coax QoS per user
- Dedicated/Shared PON Fiber on top of multiple Micronodes segment
- Multiple Virtual modem IP stacks inside Micronode
- Full PON BW control & Flow-based End to End QoS
- P2P/P2MP Coax OFDM Pipe to each Subscriber Drop Cable
PON FIBER TECHNOLOGY: 2.5G/10G/40G/100G (Future)
- 2.5G: ITU G.984
- 1480-1500 nm downstream band
- 1260-1310 nm burst upstream band
- 10G: EPON 802.3av (A/Symmetric :10/1 or 10/10) or XG-PON1 (10/2.5) or XGS-PON (10/10) or NG-PON2 ITU G.989 (TWDM 4 x 10/10)
- 1575-1580/1596-1603 nm downstream band
- 1260-1280/1524-1544 nm burst upstream Band
- SIEPON Power Saving Mode
- 4 Customers or 4 segments of 31 customers per board ( SW dependent)
- Future Proof SFP Cage to host any PON MDU ONT
RF LEGACY TECHNOLOGY (optional)
- RF Overlay :50 MHz -1 GHz @ 1540-1560 nm Band
- RF Pass-through Downstream
- Power Save mode
- Low Power: Less than 5 Watt per user
CNU ( Coax Network Unit)
- 1 x 2.5G Phy Ethernet NBASET IEEE.802.3bz port
- MOCA 2.5 Band D extended (default):1125-1625 MHz
- If multiple CNU on same Coax Segment ( Max 31), need MOCA RF splitter ( 5 MHz-2.35 GHz)
COAX MOCA 2.5 TECHNOLOGY
- Adaptive OFDMIZER Up/Down
- LDPC error correction
- Tunable RF band of 500 MHz: from 400 MHz to 1 .7 GHz, Default Band D extended : 1125-1625 MHz
- Constant Max Speed up to 43 dB attenuation
- Rate adaptive up to 75 dB attenuation
WIFI@ROOM PLUG-IN : (optional)
- WIFI hotspot single user stand-alone box
- Can be sticked in front of the TV set
- Permit WIFI TV mirrroring (Airplay, Miracast,…)
- Graceful integration with Smart TV or IP STB
- SSID Password & Power Remote Control
- 2 x 100BaseT WAN & Lan Interfaces
- E-router (NAPT) or bridge mode
- WIFI@Room Dashboard with possible PMS integration( Opera Fidelio … )
- Low Latency: Less than 3 ms over Coax + Pon Fiber Round Trip Delay
- Privacy : 128 Bit AES encryption
- Industrial temperature range of -40 to 85 °C